BigIron 2 port GigE Module B2G-A
The Foundry BigIron series features innovative engineering and design, and was one of the first chassis to be 10-Gigabit when it was released in 1998. BirIronâ€™sreliable IronCore ASIC architecture delivers hardware-based switching that improves network bandwidth to support next generation technology.
All Foundry BigIron systems have been built to provide flawless non-blocking wire-speed switching capacity and support an impressive set of protocols. Models like the The 15-slot BigIron 15000, allow up to 178 Million packets per second (Mpps) in a single chassis which allows nearly double the performance of the closest competitor in only half the actual size. Unlike other network hardware, The 4, 8, and 15-slot chassis offer total investment protection by making upgrading and replacing modules a snap without disruption or any downtime. Because all Bigiron modules are interchangeable, just add a new interface module into your chassis and you will be ready to roll.
- True non-blocking, High-density ports, Wire-Speed ACLs, VRRP
- Secure IronShield multi-layered protection, redundant AC and DC Power Supply Options
- Powerful IP Routing, multicast support including IP, IPX, AppleTalk, OSPF, BGP4, IGMP, DVMRP, PIM
- Internet Traffic Management Layer 4-7 Switching. Local/Global Server Load Balancing, URL/Cookie Switching, Firewall Load Balancing, Cache Switching
- Compact, Nearly Double the 10Gbe capacity of their competitors