Alpine 3808 8 slot chassis (with fan tray) 45080
|The Alpine 3808 and 3804 Ethernet Service Provisioning chassis switches are ideally suited for delivering broadband IP services to metropolitan area networks (MANs), service provider data centers, multi-tenant buildings and enterprise wiring closets. The Alpine platform provides total Ethernet coverage with support for both standard Category 5 and fiber optic media as well as first mile technologies that extend the reach of Ethernet over VDSL and legacy WAN technologies.
Both the Alpine 3808 and 3804 use an interchangeable set of power supplies, switch modules and management modules. Each switch has its own hot-swappable fan tray, which installs vertically into the front of each chassis. The Alpine 3808 has nine slots and the Alpine 3804 has five slots. Optionally, fully redundant power supplies fit into the front of the Alpine 3808 and into the rear of the Alpine 3804. The first slot of both chassis is used for the Switch Management Module (SMMi), which performs all management functions, manages the switch forwarding database and routing tables, and processes all route protocol updates. The remaining eight and four slots of the Alpine 3808 and 3804 are used for switch modules.
Switch modules for Gigabit Ethernet include:
Switch modules for Fast Ethernet include:
- 32-port RJ-45-based 10/100BASE-TX (FM-32Ti) module; supports 100 meters of standard Category 5 unshielded twisted pair cable.
- 24-port RJ-21-based 10/100BASE-TX (FM-24Ti) module; uses telco interface to simplify cable management.
- 24-port MT-RJ-based 100BASE-FX (FM-24MFi) module; supports full-duplex operation over 2 Km multimode fiber.
- 24-port MT-RJ-based 100BASE-FX (FM-24SFi) module; supports full-duplex operation over 15 Km single mode fiber.
Metro and regional area network switch modules:
- Wavelength Division Multiplexing (GM-WDMi) module multiplexes four Gigabit Ethernet channels onto a single fiber.
Ethernet in the First Mile modules:
- Four-port RJ-48-based T1 WAN (WM-4T1) module; supports Ethernet over legacy WAN infrastructure.
- Eight-port RJ-21-based 10BASE-TX Ethernet over VDSL (FM-8Vi) module; supports Category 1/2/3 unshielded twisted pair cable up to 2500 feet.
- Basic Layer 3 ExtremeWare license is standard, includes support for all Layer 2 switching protocols, IP routing using RIP v1/v2, and ESRP.
- As an option, the Full Layer 3 ExtremeWare license can be purchased to add IP routing using OSPF and full-featured BGP4, IP multicast routing using DVMRP, PIM-DM or PIM-SM, server load balancing, and transparent web-cache redirection.
- IP TDM for bounded latency transport of voice and video
- SONET-like reliability for non-stop operation
- Bandwidth by the slice for service provisioning in 500 Kbps increments
- Integrated broadband optical WDM for bandwidth scalability
- Delivery of Ethernet in the first mile using VDSL, T1 and E1 over voice-grade copper wire
- Medium and long reach optics for metro and regional networks
- BGP4 routing for Internet peering
- Policy-Based Quality of Service with bandwidth management and prioritization
- Advanced resiliency and fault tolerance
- Hot-swappable power supplies, modules and fan tray; fully redundant, load-sharing AC and DC power supplies; dual switch configurations and ExtremeWare images; Extreme Standby Router Protocolâ„¢ (ESRPâ„¢); OSPF equal cost multipath routing
- Up to 32 Gigabit Ethernet or 256 10/100BASE-T ports
- 4,096 IEEE 802.1Q VLANs
- IEEE 802.1ad-compatible link aggregation
- Extensive management via local and remote (telnet) CLI, SNMP, RMON and HTTP
Alpine 3808 64 Gbps switch fabric 48 millions pps
Alpine 3804 32 Gbps switch fabric 24 million pps
Prototols and Standards
Management and Security
Alpine 3808: (H) 21 in x (W) 17.32 in x (D) 11.375 in (H) 53.30 cm x (W) 43.99 cm x (D) 28.90 cm Weight: Empty: 50 lbs Fully loaded: 98 lbs One AC power supply: 14 lbs One Module: 3 lbs
Alpine 3804: (H) 10.5 in x (W) 17.32 in x (D) 15.53 in (H) 26.65 cm x (W) 43.99 cm x (D) 39.42 cm Weight: Empty: 30 lbs Fully loaded: 68 lbs One AC power supply: 14lbs One Module: 3 lbsHeat Dissipation Power Supply 680 watt Maximum (2325 BTU/hr) Input Voltage Operations: 100 VAC to 120 VAC and 200 -240 VAC, autoranging AC Line Frequency 47 Hz to 63 hz DC Input: -48VDC, 30 Amp Current Rating: 100 -120 VAC: 13 A; 200 -240:6.5 A
Safety UL 1950 3rd Edition, Listed (Safety of ITE) EN60950:1992/A1-4:1997+ZB/ZC Deviations (Safety of ITE) IEC 950CB (Safety of ITE) Low Voltage Directive (LVD) CSA 22.2#950-95 (Safety of ITE) AS/NZS 3260 (product safety standard) EN60825-1 (Safety of Lasers Products) FCC CFR 21 (Laser Products)
EMI/EMC NEBS Level III Compliant FCC CFR 47 part 15 Class A (USA EMC standard) ICES-003A/C108.8-M1983 Class A (Canada EMC standard) VCCI Class A (Japan EMC standard) AS/NZS 3548 (Australia EMC standard) EN 55022 Class A (European EMC standard) CISPR 22 Class A (European EMC standard) EN 50082-1:1997 includes ENV 50204 (European EMC standards) EN 55024:1998 includes IEC 61000-4-2,3,4,5, 6,8,11 (European EMC standards) EN 61000-3-2,3 (European EMC standards) CNS 13438 Class A (BSMI-Taiwan) Low Voltage Directive (LVD)
Requirements Operating Temperature 0Âº to 40Âº C Storage Temperature: -40Âº to 70Âº C Operating Humidity: 10% to 95% relative humidity, non-condensing EN60068 to Extreme IEC68 schedule
Reliability Minimum 50000 hrs MTBF to Mil HDBK 217F Notice 1, Parts Stress Method